Rotherham is divided into seven wards, each with three elected local councillors:
- Boston Castle
- Brinsworth and Catcliffe
- Rotherham East
- Rotherham West
- Valley Ward
Facts about Rotherham:
- Rotherham is one of the few authorities which has drawn down money to create environmentally friendly housing for its tenants.
- Rotherham Ready, which was launched in 2005, has become internationally acclaimed for its approach to integrating enterprise into learning for all children aged 4-19.
- The National Association of British Market Authority (NABMA) awarded Rotherham first prize in the category of “Best Street/Outdoor Market” at their National Awards ceremony in Birmingham.
- Rotherham is also the home of the record breaking Clifton Park Museum. One of the most modern and user-friendly Museums in the country, the twice nominated Museum of the year features famous exhibits such as Nelson the Lion and the breath-taking Rhinoceros Vase, the first ever porcelain vase cast in one piece!
- Whether you are a local resident or visiting the town for the first time, you are bound to be impressed by Yorkshire’s finest Minister. Rotherham Minister has been decribed by Pevsner as “the best perpendicular church in the country”, and by Simon Jenkins in Englands 1000 Best Churches as “the best work in the county”.