Recruiting Senior Parliamentary Researcher
Monday, March 20th, 2017 @ 12:09PM
Sarah Champion MP is recruiting for a Senior Parliamentary Researcher based in her Westminster office.
Job Title: Senior Parliamentary Researcher
Salary: £33,000 – £43,835
The Office of Sarah Champion MP is recruiting for the post of Senior Parliamentary Researcher, based in her Westminster office. The successful candidate will:
- be able to demonstrate the ability to critically analyse complex information and data, and report it in a concise and timely manner
- be able to create insightful content to form the basis of public-facing media interventions (online, broadcast and print)
- show that they have been successful at managing across different levels of organisational hierarchy to achieve collective and strategic objectives
- have a strong record of delivery; demonstrating leadership, their ability to work collaboratively and under the duress of time pressures
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: Tuesday 4th April 2017
Interview date: Wednesday 19th April 2017
Start date: ASAP.
Stage 1: Application Pack and Cover Letter
- Applicants will need to complete an application form which should include a supporting statement that identifies the characteristics, skills, experience and aptitude that demonstrate how they meet the criteria and make them well suited to the job, as set out in the job description. (Arial font, point size 11, single spacing).
- Applicants are also required to submit a cover letter of no more than 800 words. This should identify a proposed plan of action that would be undertaken by the candidate if that person were appointed to the post.
- Send both documents to email@example.com
Job description – Senior Parliamentary Researcher to Sarah Champion MP
Stage 2: Written Exercise and Panel Presentation
Candidates who are shortlisted will be invited to take part in a written exercise and a presentation. They will be invited to come to interview to present their written exercise and take questions from a recruitment panel on the task on their application and cover letter. Interview date is Wednesday 19th April 2016.
Posted Under: News